Monday, January 7, 2013

Bean-isms About Trains

Liam,

There are a ton of things you say about trains that crack me up. I need to start writing them down, but this one from tonight will stay forever in my heart.


You says things exceptionally well for your age so when you create words that aren't real, I don't correct them. :) With your Thomas the Train obsession, Gordon is a favorite - only you call him "Goed". Thomas, Percy, Edward, Emily, Toby, Cranky, and the rest you can pronounce as clear as day, but Gordon's moniker sounds like you just turned into a Brit.

Tonight we had the following conversation while playing with your new train table.

Liam: See Gordon, Mommy? (pointing to the train)
Me: (disappointed) Oh, I liked when you call him Goed. It reminds me of how you are still little. Can you call him that? It makes me happy.
Liam: (annoyed that I haven't given him the train yet, holding out his hand) Gordon, please!

Over an hour later:
Liam: That's Goed, Mama. (pointing to train who's watching him eat while I'm eating dinner next to him)
Me: (smiling) Yes, that's Gordon.
Liam: (leans his head on me) Make happy?
Me: (heart melts)


What a sweet boy! You've recently been talking about emotions: being happy, excited, sad, and scared. But to remember what I said and to know (or connect) that I said it would make me happy is awesome. The way you learn language is incredible but the way you continue to take root in my heart surprises me day after day. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment